Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: travling dolls??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rafiki22's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey everyone,
    im sord of new here but ive been reading the board for a few days now and i have a couple of questions: what is a "travling doll"?what do you do with them? do you have to buy special things? also why do you have wigs for the dolls?
    those are just some of my questions
    thx

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have wigs because I have 9 dolls that had "bad hair" days all the time.I had made 4 of them from
    kits, and 4 of them came from yard sales and the last one was from Target. I wanted a doll that had knees and elbows that would bend but I did not like her wig. I took it off of her. I shaved the other dolls heads. I have many wigs and I just change their hair when I change their outfits.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by rafiki22:
    I'm sort of new here, but I've been reading the board for a few days now and I have a couple of questions: What is a "traveling doll"? What do you do with them? Do you have to buy special things?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, first things first. Welcome to AGFMB.

    Next, there is a "sticky" message at the top of the page named, "Traveling Doll Tips!" -- It covers most of the major points about traveling dolls.

    Essentially, you treat a traveling doll as though she were a guest who had come from far away and was visiting your town. Introduce her to your dolls and your town as you would a relative from out of town.

    You really don't have to buy anything for a traveling doll, although a number of those who had hosted my Gemma put little trinkets and cards in her traveling box. They also added notes to the travel diary that one of the hosts provided.

    One of the most fun things you can do with a travel doll is to take pictures of what you do with her and put the pictures on a site that others can see.

    Taffy

  4. #4
    Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a traveling doll named Cambria. I sent her away to visit other people from this message board. She stays with each family for a month and then goes to the next one. She will not be coming home till some time next year.
    All the hosts add to her s****book- they write about what they did with her, and put in pictures they took of her in their hometown or playing with her, etc.
    You do not have to buy anything for her, but some poeple send little souvineers form their town with her. This is not necessary though, it is just their choice to do so.
    When I sent my doll, I did have to buy some things in order for her to be ready- some clothes for her to wear (but not many because you don't want to fill up her box) and a s****book and stickers for her hosts to use, and a folder wherew I could write down everything they needed to know about hosting the doll.
    It is a fun idea but I miss my doll!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 18, 2005 01:22 PM: Message edited by: StarTrekCaptain ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That word is s-c-r-a-p-b-o-o-k. I am not sure why it has asteriks over it. Its not a bad word. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll tell you why, take out the S and the Book and you got........... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Now don't post it! lol!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •